Coming soon to a theater near you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1170[/ATTACH]

Yes, there is a real "Steelhead Wars" taking place right now in our own back yard. If we lived in a perfect world there would be wild steelhead thick in every stream, no hatcheries, and a sustainable harvest for anyone that chose to pick up a rod, reel and a fishing license and go fishing. But we don't live in that world, at least not anymore sadly. So now we must make adjustments to attempt to make everyone happy. Hundreds of thousands of us.

As a sports-fisherman I hold dear the fact that I can purchase a license, go fishing, catch some fish, have a good time and harvest fish to take home to share with my family and/or friends for a nice healthy dinner. That's just me and I think most of us are on the exact same wavelength.

The reason I am writing this is that I don't want our enthusiast NW steelhead fishermen to become discouraged with all the rant and rave that is going on right now. Yes, there is going to be some compromise in some areas. In general steelhead populations are very healthy with exception to some of the rivers around the Puget Sound area. With the recent hyped-up news people on the East Coast probably think that steelhead are going extinct which is not the case at all. And it doesn't do much good for our NW economy.

Don't feel like this is the end of steelhead fishing. Cause it's not. Take a deep breath and forget about Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader and just go out and do some fishing and have a good time. Walk the river bank, grab your boat or book a trip with a guide. Indulge yourself with getting your gear ready and not sleeping all night because you know your going to catch the largest fish you have ever caught in your life the next day.

If anyone feels like they would like to comment lets hear some positive good news. Cause I'm ready for some... I think I need to go fishing myself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Amato View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1170[/ATTACH]

Yes, there is a real "Steelhead Wars" taking place right now in our own back yard. If we lived in a perfect world there would be wild steelhead thick in every stream, no hatcheries, and a sustainable harvest for anyone that chose to pick up a rod, reel and a fishing license and go fishing. But we don't live in that world, at least not anymore sadly. So now we must make adjustments to attempt to make everyone happy. Hundreds of thousands of us.

As a sports-fisherman I hold dear the fact that I can purchase a license, go fishing, catch some fish, have a good time and harvest fish to take home to share with my family and/or friends for a nice healthy dinner. That's just me and I think most of us are on the exact same wavelength.

The reason I am writing this is that I don't want our enthusiast NW steelhead fishermen to become discouraged with all the rant and rave that is going on right now. Yes, there is going to be some compromise in some areas. In general steelhead populations are very healthy with exception to some of the rivers around the Puget Sound area. With the recent hyped-up news people on the East Coast probably think that steelhead are going extinct which is not the case at all. And it doesn't do much good for our NW economy.

Don't feel like this is the end of steelhead fishing. Cause it's not. Take a deep breath and forget about Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader and just go out and do some fishing and have a good time. Walk the river bank, grab your boat or book a trip with a guide. Indulge yourself with getting your gear ready and not sleeping all night because you know your going to catch the largest fish you have ever caught in your life the next day.

If anyone feels like they would like to comment lets hear some positive good news. Cause I'm ready for some... I think I need to go fishing myself.

floor plan software:event planning software