View Poll Results: What worked when you fished the Queets System last time?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Driftgear wirh bait

3 37.50%
  • Drift gear with lure

3 37.50%
  • Bobber with bait

2 25.00%
  • Bobber with lure

1 12.50%
  • Plug with bait

1 12.50%
  • Plug naked

0 0%
  • Fly

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Queets, Clearwater & Salmon River Drainage

Fished November 25, 2012 with about 20 other vehicles at the Queets/Salmon Confluence. River at about 7000 cfs and dropping with sunshine. The Queets has about 2 ft of vis and the Salmon was clear. Did not see it - but only one fish taken all day by all participants according to Ranger at 3:30 PM. Did not even see a fish roll. Should of been much better.

Save me some fuel in my truck and post some good information. Don't just be a voyeur in this community. Be active and help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by MyConcreteGuy View Post
    Fished November 25, 2012 with about 20 other vehicles at the Queets/Salmon Confluence. River at about 7000 cfs and dropping with sunshine. The Queets has about 2 ft of vis and the Salmon was clear. Did not see it - but only one fish taken all day by all participants according to Ranger at 3:30 PM. Did not even see a fish roll. Should of been much better.

Save me some fuel in my truck and post some good information. Don't just be a voyeur in this community. Be active and help us all.

I fished the Salmon on the 25th and we saw about 10 vehicles. We caught & released 2 old boot kings. Saw only one fish hooked (float & jig) & lost on the bank.

After this rain slows the river should improve.

Did you notice the "CLOSED" weeks 43-46 on the tribal net schedule page? Thought it was going to help when we went first week of Nov. for silvers. Fished boat and bank hard
    Sun.3rd thru Fri.9th without so much of a sight of a silver roll (a guide hit a few on the clearwater) on the Queets. Sad

Went back to the Queets and Salmon confluence on Jan 12, Queets. Wanted to get away from the crowds. River was at 5500 cfs and dropping. Sunshine and cold. Really cold in the shade. You could just barely see the rocks on the river bottom when you were in just above your knees. The Salmon was clear which is usual for this flow level. Caught only one Dolly with a quick release. Only saw and talked to 6 people. They had released one native steelhead. Fished with Brass and Silver spoons, Yarnies and Spinners. While driving only saw one drift boat on a trailer! Wierd...... and the way they were loaded down looked like they had a week long vacation planned.

I'm heading to the Clearwater on Sunday 24Mar - for some bank action............. anybody else going?

Has anybody been on the Queets System this month, Nov 2013? What worked, what didn't.
    Thanks

Jan 4, 2013 fished 5 hours on the Queets shore above Salmon River. Started with bobber n jig......switched to a brass BC Steel spoon. Was doing the three steps and cast routine and wham - steelhead on! First one for the year, felt great. Cold and the forest floor was frozen in the morning. Clear skies, no wind. Pressure was sorta high. Forgot to get water temps. Trees started dripping about 10:30. First and only fish caught little after one pm. Looks like we will get some rain this coming week. If the fish don't show with this rain, I bet they don't this season on the north coast.

Fished on Sunday, January 19. (Hawks vs 49ers for the NFC ). Not many folks fishing today. Fished from confluence of Salmon and Queets down. Think I was too late after the last rain event. Flow was 3500 cfs, but there must of been a big mud/clay slide upriver on the Queets. Visibility was less than 18 inces in the Queets. Fog in the morning, sun in the afternoon. Tried Silver and Brass 'Zog' spoons. Bob and dark colored jig and along with Bobber and Pink Worm. Wish I could of fished closer to the high water event of last week, almost hit 50,000 cfs . Didn't get a single bump todsy. Saw George land a nice Stellhead downriver by the Kittridge banks.
    Last edited by MyConcreteGuy; 01-20-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

[ATTACH=CONFIG]947[/ATTACH]22 Feb, 2014 fished Salmon River went one out of two. Water was 43 degrees, snowing in the morning. Water dropping. Sucess was drifting squid tentacles. Saw others drifting single beads with Sucess

This rain will make it a tough go for a bit.... Always next year

I think this system is open till the middle of April.

last year was tough on the queets do to low water only tagged 3 steelhead there. Had a little better time on cook creek.

HERE COMES THE YEAR OF 2015.......Enjoy

I'm getting ready to head out to the 'QSC' drainage. Anybody else coming? When should we go? What gear are you going to have on your stick for the first cast?

Prioritize Recreational Harvest Opportunities

Hey you vouyers, read this..... Please...... tell your Washingotn State Representatives that you EXPECT them to support House Bill 1660. ( here is the link to H.B. 1660 http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/…/Bill...Bills/1660.pdf ) It requires that the wildlife commission prioritizes recreational harvest opportunities and establishes predictable and stable recreational fishing seasons that enable both state residents and visitors from around the country and around the globe to make long-term trip planning and tourism spending decisions that lead them to Washington's rural communities. This not only works with fish, but will also with birds and big game. Please take the time to tell your State Representatives your support of this, all of our kids will appreciate it.
    Get this info out to all of your friends if you agree with it.