Fished Coast Yesterday

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1137[/ATTACH]
    Charlie with more than likely the largest fish he's ever caught in his life. Good job Chuck.

I fished the coast yesterday with my friend and his son, and his friend. I was mostly trying for steelhead myself with bobber and rubber worm, but my friend and his son/friend used hardware and you can see below that the late native cohos are strong in numbers. We released them all unharmed and no steelhead were hooked. Small spinners were all that was needed for the coho.

More pics from out trip below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1138[/ATTACH]
    Gearing up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1139[/ATTACH]
    The catch...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1140[/ATTACH]
    ...The release

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1141[/ATTACH]
    Big fight...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1142[/ATTACH]
    ...BIG FISH

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1143[/ATTACH]
    A small bonus fish.

It was a great day!

Where on "the coast"? curious. Nice fish! Had a banner day there on the lower Quinault back in September, 15 pound coho jumping around all over the place.

Thanks,

Steve

All I can say is they were caught in a NW coastal river in Oregon. My friends will never speak to me again if I say anything else...

Looks familiar, haven't fished there in years though. Did you try downstream from there?

Nope just upstream...

Good spot down stream from there around the hard corner to the left about 100 yards or so. Not sure you can still access it though... landowners security might kick you off now. Some good access down from there in the vicinity of the gravel pit closer to town on the west side of the river. That whole pasture big meadow/ pasture is owned by some conservation group or something like that... access is kind of tough though.

HI Tony. Good to see you're getting out. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.