Thread: Clackamas Coho

Clackamas Coho

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1100[/ATTACH]

Fished the Clackamas yesterday afternoon. Lots of coho staging for Eagle Creek hatchery just waiting for the next rainfall. And of course they are very lock jawed. My rule of thumb is 1,000 casts = 1 fish hooked... Best time to fish is early morning and late evening. Next rain should send some up Eagle Creek. I was very, very fortunate to get this one on a spinner.

Great looking fish! I was on the Clack twice this week and seen a bunch of coho myself, and yeah they are very lock jawed. I couldn't even get one to take a bite out of roe floating under a bobber, or drifting it with a corky, let alone a spinner.

can not wait for some rain we will really start slaying em when some fresh move in.

will you guys fish them when they get in to the creek?

They are swimming into the creek right now... You can fish around Eagle Fern park or hike down from the hatchery and fish in that area. There is private property in many areas so stay legal. Drive the creek and look for the parked cars and pullouts...

Good to see you getting your hands dirty Tony.

My hands are dirty more times than not. I like to fish and I'm a gear head as well. A mixture for really dirty hands. Just helped our warehouse guy with his brakes last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Amato View Post
    My hands are dirty more times than not. I like to fish and I'm a gear head as well. A mixture for really dirty hands. Just helped our warehouse guy with his brakes last weekend.

Here's my version of a "Selfy"... Try that with two hands...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1133[/ATTACH]