Newport North Jetty

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1074[/ATTACH]

I fished with my friend Craig friday on the north Jetty in Newport. We were hoping for some lingcod but caught one small sea bass. Wind was calm and fishing the outside was safe, just no fish. We went to the tip and many of the boulders have collapsed so we were not able to fish it.

We saw one other Jetty fishemen in the parking lot and he flat out lied to us about where he fishes. Then he raced past us on the rocks and fished somewhere else. A true fishing liar. Gotta love it. I'm still laughing about it. He did manage to get one lingcod with a pyramid weight and a herring fished close to the rocks on the bottom on the outside of the North Jetty about 200 yards from the tip. How's that "liar guy"... Hey, if your gonna lie, do it after you fish not right beforehand and in front of guys your going to see while fishing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1075[/ATTACH]

Newport Cafe was a highlight for us. They make some monster juicy burgers that you can only feel good about eating when you're on vacation. This is half of their small 2 lb burger. They are right in town on 6th st. I think the burger was bigger than the sea bass.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1076[/ATTACH]

Gotta throw in a sunset picture.

Heck, drove right by you. I haven't been out there this year.

If you are down in Waldport, check out Chubby's. It's the black trailer parked on the east side of 101 in the Green bike co-op parking lot. Good burgers , grind their own meat and home made fries and they do real Chicago dogs.

Wow, I checked out some pictures of Chubby's "Big Chub", impressive. If I'm in the area I'll definitely try one. Split it with the wife...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1078[/ATTACH]

Prices are reasonable too. You can't see the trailer heading north on 101 but heading south it is easy to spot. They open at like 11:00ish close pretty early like 6:00ish. They are closed on random days so check ahead. Just two people own and run it... they like an occasional day off and weekend. Mostly locals eat there.

Craig came over last night and we made sea bass sliders. They were excellent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1081[/ATTACH]