Sandy River Hot Spot

I'm almost 60 years old and I'm looking for my first steelhead. Does anyone have a favorite producing hole location on the Sandy for a bank bound beginner they would like to share? What technique?

Hi Vic. I don't fish the Sandy. I would help if I did. Good techniques to start with are bobber and jigs or spinner fishing. Good Luck

Hi Vic, Not sure if you have found a spot on the Sandy yet or not but, here are a couple easy access places to try. Lewis and Clark State park, and Dabney State park have some good bank access. Good luck to ya!

Hi Vic, you can fish at Dodge Park easy access/Pipe Hole or 1 mile above Dodge Park

Thank you. I have tried your suggestion but the metalheads aren't cooperating... Will keep on trying til one decides he'd look good on my BBQ

Thank you. All these spots look like prime fishing areas. If only the fish would cooperate...

The area above Dodge Park looks awesome. Thanks! Will post if I hook the big one...

Vic, pay the $5 and go check out Oxbow park. There is lots of area to explore and all methods work.