Hartford, MI., 20 minutes to Lake Michigan

Lake Michigan at South Haven. 8-30-13

South Haven, 8-30-'13, PM.

Another Friday nite trip.
    Cleared the Black River around 1600hrs and headed southwest, into the wind and waves. Dropped in at 60fow and I was done with the 8 spread by 1700hrs., 3 rods per person in MI.;
    2 DR’s with spoons and cheaters
    2 wire divers with Spin Doctors and squids
    2 45# copper, 200 &250 spinnies and squid
    2 32# copper, 200 & 250 #5 J-Plugs.
    Just kind of picked away at them between 80-135fow,
    1 steelie, 2 ho’s and 3 kings
    Ended 6/7 with the boats best fish yet on a 200x32 copper with a green/glo tiger J-Plug weighing in a mere 24.2#. Had to use a scale from a guy at the cleaning station because mine bottoms out at 22#.
    J-Plugs = 1 coho and the big King. Chrome yellow, green tiger.
    Purple/silver Finned Protroll w/ purple/black squid w/ silver insert= 1 king.
    Mountain Dew Spin Doctors with grn/white glo squid= 1 king, 1 steelhead and 1 coho.
    Ended the night with a 4 copper rod "cluster", real rookie driver, Neil had to handline the big king for the last 20’ so I could net my own fish, but after a 1/2hr+ tug of war she was pretty tired and a nice ho for the last 40’.
    Thunder and lightning pushed us off the lake early, but not before we could feel the "Tingle" from the copper lines.
    Starting to build a good supply of eggs for the up-coming river season.

Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Sometimes I'm out for the fish, sometimes I'm out for the fishing" Ziggy

Nice Fish Martin, I assume that you're done for the year on the big water?

NOPE !!!! I'll be prepping the boat today, 9/25/'13, for yet another run at them out of South Haven Thursday afternoon/evening. Then I'll be curing and boiling eggs and tying new leaders for the fall run of steelhead/bows, browns and of coarse the whitefish off the pier at St. Joe.
    If I don't keep fishing I'll die.

Martin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]722[/ATTACH]
    We thought we'd make one last run out thurs. afternoon, 9-26-'13, and NOAA & Mother Nature didn't do us any favors.
    Dropped in at 60fow and trolled to 140fow w/o a tap dragging plugs, spoons and flasher/flies.
    By the time we turned around the "1ft or less" had turned into 2's & 3's with a GOOD NNE breeze.
    But we did manage to tag this King off the D/R set at 60' in 95fow with a grn dolphin.
    That's it for us this year, batteries are in the shop charging and the fuel tanks are drained.
    Good luck to anyone still trolling on Lake Michigan.
    Time for me to turn into a pier rat/bank maggot and wait for the fall run of Whites and Chrome.

Martin